Before We Meet
Before we meet, there are a number of things you’ll want to think about so we can more thoroughly answer your questions and help you put together the event you want to host.
Here are some things to think about that will help you put your event together:
- Do you have a budget in mind? Does it include service? Does it include beverage?
- How many guests are you inviting? What is your RSVP date?
- Will you have older guests with mobility issues, who might need help with a buffet or need a special menu? Will you have younger guests who will need a special menu?
- Do you have any dietary restrictions among your guests? Any food allergies, vegetarians, diabetics, people who keep kosher, etc.?
- Will your event take place indoors or outdoors, or a combination of the two?
- What time of day will your event take place?
- Will there be cocktail hour or reception period before the main meal?
- Do you have a venue selected and reserved?
- Will you need to rent tables, chairs, china, flatware, glassware or linens?
- Are your guests beer drinkers, wine drinkers, cocktail drinkers or non-drinkers?
- Will your event require a reformatting of the space? That is, will you be having a ceremony in the space that later must serve as a dining area?
- Do you need entertainment, floral arrangements, audiovisual equipment, a dance floor?
- Will you need a dessert with some ceremonial value, like a wedding cake?
- Will you need coffee service?
- Will the majority of your guests be coming from a colder climate or another time zone?